Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I apologize for not blogging more recently. I am personally having a rough time, and haven't really been in the mood to blog. The latest addition to my already long list of feel-sorry-for me excuses is that my Uncle has been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the neck. He discovered a plum-sized tumor in his neck and the oncologist is not sure whether that is the primary site (initial tests indicate it may have come from his tonsil). My Uncle will have more blood work and a CAT scan done Tuesday. Friday he will have a PET scan of his head and neck. My hubby and I are taking our son out to visit with the family (my Aunt and Uncle live with and take care of my Grandparents) on Thursday. This trip was planned well before any of this recent news, and we think it's important for our son to know his extended family...more so now. Please, keep us in your prayers.

On a side note, if you smoke...please stop. This type of cancer is typically a result of heavy smoking (which is my Uncle's case), and is completely avoidable. Please, do NOT put yourself or your family through this kind of uncertainty and upset if you don't have to. Find a way to stop smoking...for the sake of yourself and everyone who loves you.

No comments: