Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Celebrate IBCLC Day

That would be International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Day and it is tomorrow, Wednesday March 3rd. ILCA suggests some activities to promote the day and awareness of the great service lactation consultants perform. Go here to learn more about IBCLCs. Kelly Mom also has a wonderful page explaining what Lactation Consultants do. If you want to become a Lactation Consultant, go here, the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.

I personally am very greatful to a lactation consultant. She boosted my self-confidence and helped my girl and I to get the hang of breastfeeding. If you are planning to breastfeed, or if you are trying to breastfeed and are struggling, I highly recommend that you find a lactation consultant. Ask your pediatrician if she/he recommends a lactation consultant, or go here to find one at the IBCLC site.

And to my lactation consultant, Madonna Fasimpaur (I've referred to you here), a whole-hearted thank you. It's been twenty months and we're still nursing. You provided much needed help and I am incredibly greatful.

No comments: