Monday, March 01, 2004

Giddy Geek Mommy

Well baby girl watched the oscars with me. She really enjoyed the musical performances--I may need to pick up the Triplettes of Belleville soundtrack for her.

After my little post here, I must admit that I was very pleased with the results of the Oscars. And a sanctimonious "Pbbbbfflllllttt" to those out there who are trying to rain on the LOTR parage. Fie!

Most stunning for me: How genuinely giddy and filled with child-like delight Annie Lennox was at winning. I had this mental image of her as cool and commanding, a bit hard to fluster--a result of being an MTV kid when they still played music videos and watching countless Eurythmics videos. I was so happy for her because she was so thrilled. And she looked gorgeous. And I love the song (the baby girl loved the song too). All right Mommie Annie Lennox!

No comments: