Thursday, July 10, 2003

And How do I like the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Very well, thank you.

I won't go into much detail because ME2 has not finished Year Four yet (good heavens)!

Here is what I will say:

1. I was somewhat disappointed that all the questions that I had formulated in the three years between Goblet of Fire and the Order of the Phoenix weren't answered in the first two or three pages. ;o)

2. By the end of Chapter 2, I was thoroughly satisfied.

3. Fred and George RULE!

I can only add that the writing is simply brilliant. As I raced to read the book before someone spoiled it for me, I often tried to read it while my daughter napped on my lap. This book is written so vividly that at times I was afraid the characters' shouting would wake my daughter. Then I remembered, she can't hear them yelling--it's a book!

I think the highest compliment I can give J.K. Rowling is that she wrote this one so well, I lost track of of the simple fact that I was sitting with a sleeping baby in my living room.

No comments: