Friday, August 08, 2003

My uncle had his tonsilectomy yesterday. They only removed one tonsil, which kind of puzzles me. Only one was enlarged, but wouldn't it make sense to remove them both at the same time and cut down on the possible need for future surgeries? Anyway...they also biopsied his tongue and throat, so we shall see if we're in as good of shape as we thought. Please keep your fingers crossed that the tonsil was the source of the cancer and we're a clear to go with just radiation/surgery on the tumor in his neck.

In my life I've reserved the power of prayer for those times when I really felt like it was important. I just didn't want to bother the head honcho with trivial stuff. This is one of those times when I hope that I've saved enough points to earn just one answered prayer.

No comments: