Friday, May 30, 2003

Friday Five:

1. What do you most want to be remembered for? Being a good wife, mother, daughter, friend, boss, person. I don't know that I always succeed in those areas, but hopefully, on average, I do. Maybe also for making people happy.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life? "That's what I like to see: A man with an extended grasp of reality" It's a line from Five Guys Named Moe.
And maybe, "for wisdom is better than jewels, and all that you may desire cannot compare with her." Proverbs 8:11. Finally, "It may be we know least what we treasure most." From The Castle of Llyr.

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year? My Daughter, who at eleven months, is just a way cool kid.

4. What about the past ten years? Still my Daughter. If I have to pick something else, I guess it would be my job in juvenile law and my work with legal interns and law clerks--I like to help younger people learn how interesting and exciting juvenile law can be.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say? Whatever you do, stay out of jail, prison, and/or detention. But that's just off the top of my head. Beyond that, people are either stupid or lying if they tell you that your teen years are the best years of your life. When you are an adult and you are off exploring your place in the world, life is so much better. When you have people in your life that you love (and are loved by them) and with whom you can share that exploration, that's the best time of your life.

No comments: