Tuesday, May 20, 2003

KnowledgeWorks Foundation named eight Ohio schools as recipients of grants as part of the Ohio High School Transformation Initiative. Other supporting participants in this project are The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Ohio Department of Education, and the United States Department of Education. Schools receiving awards: Cleveland Heights High School, Cleveland Heights-University Heights City Schools, $1,559,070; East High School, Cleveland Municipal School District, $661,725; Brookhaven High School, Columbus City Schools, $802, 485; Shaw High School, East Cleveland City Schools, $952,425; Libbey High School, Toledo Public Schools, $776,475; and Chaney, Rayen and Wilson high schools in Youngstown, $2,007,360. Grant awards are based on the size of each school's population.

I'm not sure I understand the concept...something about restructuring and creating autonomous high schools within existing facilities. I think I'll have to do some more research on this one before I make up my mind on what I think.

No comments: