Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Reading to the Baby

I have always loved reading to my daughter. When I was pregnant, I read the Two Towers out loud because studies show babies do respond to their mothers voices even before birth. After she was born, my hubby wanted me to wait until one of her grandmothers came before buying her any books ( he assumed--correctly-- that her two school-teacher grandmas would bury her in books). As a result, I resorted to reading a brochure on the National Parks to her.

Hubby and I are both avid readers, still, I was pleased and surprised with my very first Mother's Day presents: all books. I am enjoying reading "Mama Do You Love Me?" to my daughter after dinner. I will admit though, that I'm struggling to pronounce "ptarmigan." She doesn't seem to mind.

No comments: