Wednesday, May 21, 2003

In Honor of My Baby Girl's 11-month Birthday:

I present the Wednesday What If:

1. What if you had 24 hours to pack up and leave your country forever?I assume I'm taking my family with me, because if not, no way am I going. So assuming that, I would spend time with my parents, my brothers, sister-in-law, niece and nephews. If possible, I'd visit a few family graves. Maybe see some friends if there was time.

2. What if you had 24 hours to get married?Essentially been there, done that. While hubby and I were on the marriage track (together for seven years, living together for three), it took a surprise pregnancy to get me over my marriage anxiety and to give him some incentive to ask. We were married about five months after our first ultrasound in the doctor's office.

3. What if you had 24 hours to entirely change the way you look, so much as to become unrecognizable?I'd like to be a red-head. And my dad always wanted me to have blue eyes instead of hazel. But no cosmetic surgery! After a messy gallbaldder surgery and a surprise c-section, I'll pass on going under the knife any time soon.

4. What if you had 24 hours to make a scientific or historical discovery?Or what? Ummmm. I'd like to find out what happend to Amelia Earhart. Solve the mysteries of the pyramids and Sphinx. Learn about the historical Jesus. Determine if Atlantis existed. Do I have time to do anything else? Maybe a cure for SIDS or cancer or arthritis and a few other things.

5. What if you had 24 hours to meet and befriend the leader of your country? Oh I don't know what I would say to him. I'd probably use small words so he could understand me. (Sorry that was too easy). I don't think I'd want to talk politics. Except maybe juvenile law issues. I'd tell him I like Texas. I guess that's lame. I just don't see us being buddies.

I hope I'm not doing this all in the same twenty-four hours. And Jack Bauer thought he had it rough!

Good night!

No comments: