Wednesday, May 21, 2003

It seems all hell has broken loose at universities across the U.S. On May9th, a disgruntled former graduate student went on a shooting rampage at Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management. Today, it seems there has been an explosion of some sort at Yale University Law School. I find this particularly disturbing today, as I watched the season finale of Gilmore Girls last night (my reason for missing the Buffy finale--don't worry, I'll catch it on DVD)...where Chilton valedictorian, Rory, makes final arrangements to attend Yale in the fall. I think of all those students who currently attend, or those that are planning to attend, and wonder how this will affect their plans for continuing education.

Of course, stellar reporting by MSNBC and Fox News leave me with more questions than answers. Was it in the mail room? Was it in a classroom? Who knows?...why report details?...let's just talk "explosion" and we'll get good ratings.

No comments: