Friday, June 13, 2003

Beautiful Baby!

Today, Lileks has a link to his daughter Gnat's photo gallery. I love reading Lileks: It's a window on what I will be facing with my daughter in the future as Gnat is nearly three. His Gnat tales reveal a bright and lovely child, although a potential pyromaniac (okay, you have to read back issues of the Bleat to get that one).

I know I feel privileged to view the pictures--she is a beautiful girl and was an adorable baby. The pictures are professional quality, whereas, the pictures of my daughter are, well, amateurish and I am envious of his skill. What I had time to view today revealed so many lovely moments in a child's early days. The commentary on the pictures is a riot. My favorites today are "TOO MANY TOYS," the objects mysteriously appearing on his daughter's head and, of course, anything with the dog (I'm not directly linking because you really should go to Lileks yourself).

After seeing several pictures, I have this overwhelming feeling that my husband and I have not taken nearly enough pictures of our beautiful girl.

No comments: