Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Because I'm a huge Harry Potter Fan!

I bring you the Wednesday What If:

1. What if you got to choose what house to be in? (For those who don't know... Gryffindor: brave/noble, Hufflepuff: loyal/kind, Ravenclaw: smart/clever, or Slytherin: cunning/evil.) Well, I would want either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. I'm not sure I am brave/noble/loyal/kind, but I'd like to be. I'm fairly certain I'm not evil, but I suppose that depends on who you ask!

2. What if you got to choose a character with whom to "hook up"? (Sorry to those who haven't read the books -- can't help you here.) I suppose I would pick Ron based on personality--I think he is incredibly endearing. Perhaps either Fred or George because I love their sense of humor (they are probably most like my hubby). Of course, I"m guessing one of the twins will die so maybe I don't want them. And based on casting in the movie, I wouldn't mind hooking up with the Captain of the Quidditch Team (as long as we're the same age--don't want to be a cradle robber)--Yummmmmmm!

3. What if you got to choose what kind of wand you received -- how long would it be, what would it be made out of, and what would be inside it? (For those who don't know: wands can be made up of such combinations as 6-inch ash containing dragon heartstrings, or 11.5-inch oak containing unicorn hairs, et cetera.) I actually did a wand thing at the Harry Potter movie site when the first movie came out. An 11 inch holly wand with a phoenix feather inside selected me. I was so pleased.

4. What if you had to pick one animal to take with you to Hogwarts as a pet (cat, owl, toad or rat) -- which one, and why that animal? I suppose I'd be boring and get an owl because they are so handy. My second choice would be a cat if I could get a Russian Blue--one of my college roommate's had one and he really liked me because I secretly fed him the good cat food in my room when she served him the cheap stuff in the kitchen! (Maybe I am evil!)

5. What if you had to endure one of the three tasks from Book Four -- which one and why? (For those of you who haven't read up, the tasks were... #1: face a fully-grown nesting dragon with nothing but a wand; #2: survive underwater for an hour to rescue your best friend from its murky depths; or #3: find your way to the center of a hedge maze that is chock-full of magical obstacles.) Well, I can't even swim so I think number two would be out. And my reflexes aren't as sharp as the youngest seeker in 100 years, so I think I'd go for the maze. I'm pretty good at mazes. I just wouldn't touch the pretty cup at the center!

And I hereby issue a Bloggy Challenge: ME2, it's your turn to what if!

No comments: