Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Cuyahoga County Commissioners have granted a request for a child support audit to determine if state and county official have violated the "Family First" law. The request was brought by the Association For Children For Enforcement Of Support (ACES).

Now I'm all for open and honest operation of CSEA...but the comment, "I'm impressed that there are three women directors in the state of Ohio who are willing to stand up to the good old boys, and I think residents in the other counties should be asking, Why won't my county take a look?'" has me wondering about the motives of ACES. I am, by nature, a cynic. And I think a person trying to champion a cause needs to select his/her words carefully when speaking to the public. Now, I'm sure Ms. Davis is as aware of the, "good old boys" as I am...but calling them out simply makes the issue seem to be about something other than helping the families entitled to support.

No comments: