Thursday, June 26, 2003

Welcome home Brady Eikleberry
Brady is the 15-month-old in Akron who was caught up in a tangle of funding red-tape...keeping him in the hospital since birth. He finally went home yesterday. It was an interesting time bringing a two-day-old home...I can only imagine the trip with a 15-month-old who's never been out of the hospital. I wish the family all the luck in the world. I hope they find happiness and health finally at home.

An interesting side note is that his going home is saving the State of Ohio approximately $62,000 a month in Medicaid expense. So let's see...he's been ready to go home since January...and red tape cost Ohio taxpayers what? Any math geniuses want to figure this one out? 62,000*6months=$372,000 Oh, wait, that's right...Medicaid hasn't actually PAID any of these bills yet...even though they're supposed to. What I want to know is, how can I run a business this screwed up and still get federal funding?

No comments: