Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Good-bye Captain Subtext

I was googling around trying to find soemone who could tell me when the Series 4 of Coupling would air on BBC America. I stumbled across the BBC America message board.

This is cool because Steven Moffat, the show's creator, posts there. My favorite Steven Moffat quote so far " We still speak English over here even though we let you guys have a stab at it too."

But it's sad because he confirmed in November that Richard Coyle, who plays the indescribably insane friend Jeff, will not return to the show for this series. Even though there is no "Good-bye Jeff" episode, I believe he went out in a blaze of Jeff-styled glory: Dancing to "Spiderman" while wearing a Spiderman mask and exclaiming he'd created the dance as Patrick woos Sally.

You just have to love a show that includes a scene like that.

No comments: