Friday, January 23, 2004

It's my Favorite Friday Five

At this moment, what is your favorite...

1. ...song?Well I've been singing a lot of the "Eensie Weensie Spider," "Hickory Dickory Dock," "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and "Ram Sam Sam" lately, but I guess those are my daughters favorites right now. I'm straining my brain to think of any songs I love to hear on the radio, but I hate the lame corporate radio in Cleveland so nothing is coming to mind. Maybe "Radar Love." That's a great driving tune. I can't go slow when I hear it, I must turn the radio up and sing loudly when it comes on.

2. ...food?I would love some good Tandoori Chicken. I had a frozen meal today from Ethnic Gourmet, and while it was tasty, it doesn't compare to real (okay I've probably only had Americanized versions but hey, it's my reality) thing. There was a great Indian take out restaurant that opened near campus during my senior year. Yum! I don't know of a good Indian place in the Cleveland Metropolitan area.

Oooh, I'm going through a journal I've been keeping for several years and just remembered: some mushroomy thing Hubby made for our anniversary (of our first date--this was ages ago before we married). Yum Yum. That was fabulous.

3. ...tv show?It would be Firefly. Yeah, I know it was cancelled (well before it's time you Fox Network cretins), but even cancelled, it's still one of the best shows around. Darling, sweet Hubby gave me the series on DVD and we watched a couple episodes tonight. Every time we watch an episode I am struck by what a great show it is, far better than Buffy or Angel (I enjoy both). The cast was incredible and the episodes were exciting, enigmatic and funny. Instead we're blessed with cheap but profitable shows like American Idol, which I can't stand--sorry.

When I become Grand Poobah of the Universe, I'm gonna buy my own sci-fi channel and resurrect Serenity, and Earth 2, and Farscape, and maybe Space, Above and Beyond, and......

4. ...scent?Commercial scent: It's something from Aveda. Ummm Air and Water, refreshing mix or invigorating or something. I know it when I smell it!

Natural Scent: The air after a good spring rain.

5. ...quote? I used to keep quote books and now it's late and I can't think of any. I'll have to track one down later.

Maybe:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. For you are crunchy and taste good with tartar sauce."

No comments: