Friday, January 23, 2004

Hmm

I always wanted to sound like Lauren Bacall. Hubby might enjoy that too come to think of it.

My favorite part of the article to which ME2 refers is that the scientists "chose sheep for their experiments because earlier research had shown that properties of sound transmission in sheep and pregnant women were similar." Umm. What were they looking for the first time?

And this is cool: "When the recorded sounds were played back to 30 human listeners to determine how much the fetus actually heard, the listeners understood all of the sentence recorded in the open air, about 70 percent of what was recorded in the womb and about 30 percent of the sentences recorded in the fetal sheep's inner ear." I just hope that 30% doesn't include my shouting at stupid drivers during rush hour--I hadn't given up swearing just yet.

No comments: