Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Friday Five Millionaire Edition

(Figured I'd do this while I wait for stuff to happen and they're giving me money this time! Okay not really--but allow me to fantasize).

You have just won one million dollars:

Yay! Wait. Is that one million dollars before or after taxes?

1. Who do you call first?
Well if I'm not home with hubby, I'd call hubby. However, he is the keeper of the tickets so I assume he's the one calling me. I'd probably call my mom.

2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself?

Buy nothing. The first thing I'd do is pay all my debts and all hubby's debts. Then I'd go to the book store and start throwing things in a basket. Then I'd hit an on-line needlework store and buy more projects than I can possibly do in my lifetime--or at least before my eyes are too bad to cross stitch.

3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else?

I'd buy hubby a car. Then I would set up trusts for my daughter, and my nephews and niece.
And we'd probably buy a home rather than rent.

4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom?

At least 10 percent to charity. Places like the SIDS Alliance, March of Dimes, Rails to Trails, Save the Children, the Nature Conservancy, the Women's Hall of Fame. Just to name a few. Maybe try to help some local battered women's shelters.

5. Do you invest any? If so, how?

Of Course. But I don't know much about investing so I would need to do some research first.

Unfortunately, I couldn't quit my job on one million. It just doesn't go as far as it used to.

No comments: