Thursday, February 05, 2004

Well...now I can feel free to comment on the Casey Foundation business! When I heard the initial story, my first thought was, "Well, I wonder whose desk that phone message is sitting on?" Now I can honestly say that I'm glad it wasn't someone at the Court who dropped the ball. I suspected it would be some poor low-level employee who would get the blame (and the subsequent axe)...so I'm glad the Court didn't live up to my expectations.

On a side note...wouldn't it be nice if the Court itself was seeking out these sorts of resources and not depending on the foundations to call them first with "offers" of help? I mean, shouldn't there be someone within that bureaucracy who should be entrusted with this responsibility? I can think of a few people who might qualify...but I'm sure none have even been approached about the possibility. I hope the Court finds the lesson in this Casey business and runs with it...though my expectations are again preventing me from believing that it will happen.

No comments: