Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Well, I may just be forced to branch out an blog about serious legal topics here. Today, after 24 years as an electrical engineer with the same company, my father was fired. For what reason, you ask? The reason given was that there just "aren't any jobs coming in." Want to bet they replace him with a 22-year-old-fresh-out-of-college-kid in the coming weeks? So I am frantically researching employment law and age discrimination issues. Let me tell you something I've discovered already...there is no such thing as loyalty. The employers don't care, the Supreme Court don't care...I don't even know why they bother to have age discrimination legislation when it is so completely impossible to prove. OK...so that I won't rant further, I will cease blogging now.

No comments: