Wednesday, February 25, 2004

One of those stories that strikes terror in a Mommy's heart

Speaking of worrying, at Loco Parentis Katie Alison Granju talks about a scary incident with her daughter at a horse show over the weekend. Very frightening for any mom and child, but at least it had a happy ending. Here in Cleveland, we will be dealing with the disappearance and death of Shakira Johnson for some time. I was appalled that the police didn't arrest him after the second child spoke up and said he'd been approached by the same person. I think that is the mommy side talking more so than the lawyer side, but I've seen weaker cases charged as "attempted"... in "throw the book at him and see what sticks Cuyahoga County."

I just hug my daughter closer and hope I can keep her safe.

No comments: